Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tyranids Vs Dark Eldar 500pts

So today I popped down to my FLGS and had a nice quick 500 point game. I think it was my opponents bad choice of units, but for the badass super killer elves of the universe, I WIPED the small band of DE across the board from me.

Tyranid Prime
Lash Whip and Bonesword
Scything Talons

3 Warriors
2x Deathspitters
Barbed Strangler

3Warriors
1x Rending Claws

10 HGaunts
Adrenal Glands

10 HGaunts
Adrenal Glands

10 TGaunts

10 TGaunts

My opponent was running:

Archon with Agonizer

10 wyches not sure what enhancements

10 warriors, Blaster and splinter cannon

5 Harlequins

So needless to say I outnumbered him, and thats what got him. It was KPs with quarters.

1st turn

He deploys and goes first, deals 2 wounds to my warriors with deathspitters. Moves up his harlies and wyches with archon. In return i wiped out 7 of his wyches and pinned them.

2nd Turn

He placed his warriors behind a building so couldnt get off any shots till he climbed it. I blasted the last of his wyches and 4 harlies. Both Hgaunt squads got into CC, one group with the archon and one with the remaning troupe master. Both enemies died quite easily. I did loose 2 Hgaunts in each combat though.

3rd Turn

His warriors killed my Hgaunts which had killed the troupe master gaining them a pain token. I moved my Hgaunts up towards the warriors from killing the archon.  I also moved my Tgaunts up and engaged the warriors in CC with them and the Hgaunts. That FNP saved him something shocking. I killed 5 warriors and the remaining killed 2 Hgaunts. He failed leadership and fled up into the building he should have occupied 1st turn. He was now in the position of the blonde chick from a horror movie, nowhere to run except the upstairs bedroom, and we all know how that ends.

4th Turn

He lays down some fire on my Hgaunts and gaunts, only killing 1 gaunt. In return I chase his warriors up the tower, killing them all.

End Result

He needed a vehicle or more warriors instead of the harlies to survive better, against the numbers thrown at him, he didnt really have a great chance. Hoorah for me, a totaly unsatisfying victory. If we had more time we would have played with a higher points limit but the store closed in an hour so we settled on 500.

The DE arent the be all and end all. Perhaps if they have something to give those wyches better saves on the get go they would be safer, but a str 4 large blast taking out 7 of them on turn 1 is embarasing. None of my warriors got into CC which was upsetting for me, but hey, thems the breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment