Sunday, May 1, 2011

More......

A strange thing has occured at the local GW, simaltaneously many people have picked up LOTR and decided to play it. While at first I looked at them in a strange way, I am now drawn to it aswell. It so much smaller and seems a bit more relaxing then 40k. War of the ring is a bit much for me at this point. But for $46 (Us Aussies are lucky enough to pay heaps more for our GW goodness) for a box of dudes and $22 for a captain of whatever, your set to go. You can play at that small of a scale.

Thats why I feel its a more relaxing game; you dont have to focus on as much, you dont have to worry about squads or anything, and its much more based on dice rolls.

If Warmachine/Hordes had ANY following on the sunshine coast i might have picked it up aswell, but for now its LOTR and I'm going to start my army off with the starter set for 24 goblins and a troll, starter paint set for another 12 goblins and the how-to-paint goblins, and just a goblin shaman or something.

Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment