Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tyranids vs Blood Angels 1250pts

So the other day I played another game with my Hgaunt spam list. I chnaged a few upgrades and replaced the 2nd venomthrope with a hive guard. I then added a Tyrranofex for more pew pew.

His list:
Mephiston
Captain with bolter and power weapon
4 Death Company with thunder hammer and jump packs
10 marines with missile launcher and flamer
5 marines
5 scouts with sniper rifles
dreadnaught with MM and storm bolter in drop pod
Baal predator with Hbolter sponsons and assault cannon
Stormraven with MM, Assault cannon and side hurricane bolters

We rolled quarters, kill points.
He chose a quarter with a nice big building right in front and good terrain between him and me. That left me with a relatively empty quarter, which i wasn't complaining about. BA deploy first, captain and 5 marines in stormraven in the middle of his deployment zone. Scouts and 10 marines in building at front of his quarter with death company and mephiston below. dread and pred in reserve.

I deploy my bubble as close as possible to him with hive guard behind a ruin and tyrranofex up top. Genestealers infiltrate behind a building in his quarter. Then the un-imaginable happens...

Turn 1
I sieze the initiative (I've never managed to do it before and Ive been playing for years) and it all goes downhill from there for him. Genestealers charge death company, hive guard and tyrranofex immobilize storm raven and destroy the assault cannon. Death company don't even get a chance to hit in CC and i move towards mephiston. The tervigon does it to me again and spawns 7 termagaunts rolling two 3's and a 1, woo....

He brings on the dreadnaught behind my bubble and has ago at the tervigon, and fails.scouts cause 1 wound on the tyrranofex and missile launcher kills venomthrope. stormraven unloads everything at the genestealers, killing 6. Now here is an interesting rule and what we did about it. Both my Broodlord and Mephiston have the transfixing gaze ability. So we decided that we can both have a roll at it and either both of us will be frozen or one of us. although it didn't matter he rolled first cause he charged, 11 not so good for him. Broodlord roll, passes.
Psychic hood roll, wins.
roll to freeze, wins.
End result, Mephiston is no longer a close combat monster and proceeds to die in my next assault phase. So the moral of the story depends on how you play the rules, with the way we did it, mephiston suddenly becomes not so great if you can get him frozen in CC with transfixing gaze.

Turn 2

Tervigon leaves bubble to pursue dreadnaught. stormraven is shaken by HG and tyrranofex which was a bit disappointing because you would think 2 str10 shots and 2 str 8 shots would do a little more, but i digress. I move the bubble over to the side of the table a bit in-case his Baal comes in there, that way I'm prepared. Genestealers finish mephiston and roll a 1 or consolidation (boo).

On his turn he does manage to bring the Baal in, however on the side occupied by my tyrranoex and Hgaurd so not so great for him. He drops the marines out of the stormraven with the captain and decides that they will charge the genestealers, despite my helpful advice otherwise. In his shooting he did manage to wound the tervigon with the dreadnaught and and the tyrranofex with the scouts again. He also kills the hive guard with the Baal which he was happy about. But alas in his asault phase the genestealers and brrodlord kill his captain and squad of marines which charged them.

Turn 3

Wrap up begins. My Tyrranofex destroys the Baal predator, and my tervigon destroys the dreadnought. Luckily for him the dreadnaught exploded causing 7 of my nearby hormogaunts to perish. In the assault phase the genestealers charge the 10 man marines squad and also wipe them out outright with no wounds taken on my behalf.

He concedes in his turn for obvious reasons and the game goes to me. This game was more me having amazing rolls and him having fail rolls which sucks to happen to anyone. I felt like the victory was a bit hollow because of that. I was really upset by my tervigon wiffing again on those spawn rolls, i never can manage to get anything out of him. A surprise to me was that in this game the venomthrope actually lived, which is strange because i would expect it to be the first thing to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment